An injury to the mind, the body and emotions are regarded as personal injury which can be the result of a slip on a floor; an animal bite; medical malpractice or a vehicle collision. Our team is experienced to assist and negotiate on behalf of our Clients to achieve the most appropriate remedy.
• Car accidents
• Defective products
• Motorcycle accidents
• Dog bite injuries
• Medical negligence
• Slip and fall injuries
The necessary documents and processes that need to occur when launching a claim of personal injury:
• You will need to be examined by a medical professional
• There must be an investigation into the incident
• You must complete and submit any statutory claim forms
• You must document, in writing, you intend to launch a claim against the accused and furnish your legal representative with this document.
• Your lawyer will then request a Summons be granted, and serve the accused with the notice of intent of legal proceedings.
• The accused has a period of time in which they will then be required to notify you of their intention, either to fight the claim or settle out of court.
• The following stages are set out for communication between the claimant and defendant. If possible, it is preferable to settle the matter outside of court, as a trail is a lengthy and expensive process
• If the case does go to trial, a date will be set
• The trial will then proceed as a normal trial would, with your legal representative arguing your case, calling expert witnesses and presenting evidence in support of your claim.
• The accused will then attempt to disprove your argument
• Finally the Judge will rule on the matter and grant you compensation, or dismiss your claim.
Ask us if you have any question. We can help you!
Address: 755 Park Street | Arcadia | Pretoria | 0083
Tel: +27 (0)12 343 0267